|Red Love Chum|
|Cost (Refund)||Donation/Offers/Player to player Trading (N/A)|
Description: Red Love Chum casts a love spell on fish that all types cannot resist. You will almost always catch a fish with it and you'll NEVER LOSE a piece of it. It's a special bait for those who help support the application.
Red Love Chum, as opposed to the similar Free Love Chum, can only be purchased or traded. To help distinguish some of the differences, all references below of Love Chum refers to both FLC/RLC properties, RLC or Red Love Chum refers to RLC only.
Privacy is an option to either display the amount of RLC that you have either publicly or to hide the amount of RLC that you have when players view your profile page. The Privacy link can be found on 'My Home' page in the right hand column under Inventory > Chum. Just below the Red Love inventory item where you can see the total amount of RLC that you have is a red Privacy link. Clicking that link enables a pop-up of choosing one of two options.
1) Display my RLC amount publicly.
Chum amounts are displayed on the My Crew and Profile pages, example:
Chum: 1,099 Red Love And catch messages read: “Used 1 Red Love Chum, have 1,098 left.”
2) Don't display my RLC amount publicly.
If you select to NOT display your RLC amount it will display to others as:
Chum: Red Love And catch messages read: “Used 1 Red Love Chum.”
Love Chum provides numerous benefits over normal chums;
- With Love Chum, you will catch a fish ~95% of the time when using it. Plus it's only used when you catch a fish, unlike the other chums which may float away or get stolen.
- Another major benefit of Love Chum is that it increases the speed of your pole leveling (see Pole Leveling) and levels your pole even if you did not catch a fish. Additionally it gives a +2 bonus to your pole's level, so you can catch fish at higher pole level requirements.
- If used in Sans Culpra prior to having the Scuba Fishing License each cast counts as 4 for meeting the requirements for the License.
- If used in Icelantica, Sig's Lab or Parribea, Love Chum will give +200 goodness/evilness points after every cast.
- Users have a greater chance at finding FLC in treasure chests when using Love Chum and there is a 30% chance of a treasure chest having FLC, for 3 weeks after purchasing RLC.
- Love Chum increases your chances to catch the top 4 fish of the location you are in by 25%. This is the exact same bonus you also get from a maxed level pole, so if you have both in effect you will have the effect twice. (50% better chance for the top 4 fish). (Note in practice it may not make much difference, if the chance is one in a hundred (1%) a 50% boost to it would make it a 1.5% chance instead. So, without a thorough statistical analysis it's hard to see the effect in action).
- Love Chum provides a greater chance of catching quest fish.
- NEW: Using Love Chum will double your chances of continuing a streak. When you catch a fish, and are using FLC/RLC, your chances of catching that fish will double. This can have adverse effects for players who catch a common fish, and do not want to catch it again... however the boost occurs after having a streak of 3 or more consecutive catches. (New as of May 15 2017) (Note in practice it may not make much difference, if it is 1% chance times 2x would be 2% chance, or 5% chance times 2x would be 10%.).
- RLC users will typically receive extra deckhand checks! (Generally at least one every ~2 hours.)
- And purchasers of RLC will be entitled to faster Tournament casts. Instead of waiting
206 seconds between tournament casts, you will only have to wait 82 seconds. (No minimum purchase, doesn't expire)
- Travel between islands is 5 times faster with any donations over $10 for RLC. Donations less than $10 will speed up your traveling by 2 times. Speed boosts last one calendar month.
- Not related to gameplay, but the final benefit is that you will not see advertisements on Fish Wrangler for 30 days after a donation for RLC.
Note that the reduced travel times, faster tournament casts and the filtering of advertisements are only available through RLC donations.
In February of 2010, the image of Red Love Chum was changed to its current image. The old image can be seen here.